Will I need to use a transponder on Highways 407, 412, and 418?

Transponders are not required for light vehicles to drive on Highways 407, 412, and 418. For drivers of light vehicles it is an individual decision, if or when, to acquire a transponder.

Transponders are required for heavy vehicles. Drivers may obtain transponders from 407 ETR.
Motorists already using 407 ETR will be able to use the same transponder for trips on Highway 407.